Where is Les Rivières?
Midway between the cities of Angoulême and Périgueux on the Charente/Dordogne border. Les Rivières nestles quietly in the hamlet of Nadaillac 1 km from the towns of La Rochebeaucourt en Argentine and 5 km Villebois Lavalette.
It is easy to travel from the UK to the Dordogne, by car, plane or train. If you would like a driving route, simply click the “To here” underlined text above, put in the name of your nearest town and then press the “Go” button.
Travelling by car from the UK
The AA Route Planner can help you plan your journey: www.theaa.com
The following French ferry ports are between 7 and 9 hours drive:
- Portsmouth – Caen, several times daily, crossing takes about 5 hours
- Portsmouth – Cherbourg, several times daily, crossing about 6 hours
- Poole – Cherbourg, several times daily, crossing 2 – 4 hours
- Dover – Calais, several times daily, crossing 1½ hours
LD Lines: www.ldline.co.uk
- Dover-Boulogne, 2 sailings daily, 1 hour 45 minutes
- Dover-Dieppe, 1 trip daily, 4 hours 15 minutes
Flying is simple with regular flights to our nearest airports at Bergerac and, Limoges, Poitiers, La Rochelle and Bordeaux. If you book ahead you can get very reasonable prices. We have added skyscanner to help you find cheap flights.
- Bergerac Airport closest (1½ hours)
- Bordeaux Airport (2 hours drive)
- Poitiers Airport (2 hours drive)
- La Rochelle Airport (2 hours drive)
- Limoges Airport (2 hours drive)
With Ryan Air
To Bergerac from: Bristol,East Midlands, Liverpool, Stansted.To Bordeaux from Edinburgh.
To Bergerac from Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds bradford, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle, Southhampton.
To La Rochelle (end of march to October) Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guernsey, Inverness, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton.
To Limoges from Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Southhampton.
With British Airways
From Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Isle of Man, Jersey, Manchester, Newcastle, Gatwick.
With Air France
Airport Car Hire
Cars can be hired from the airports and train Stations, you will need a credit card.
Train from the UK
Our nearest railway station is in Angoulême (30 mins). Cars can be hired from the station.
Take the Eurostar www.eurostar.co.uk to Paris Gare du Nord then A train with a change at Lisle prevents you having to cross Paris to change stations.
- Journey times – London to Paris – 2½ hours – Paris to Angoulême – 2½Hours
You can take your car on the Eurotunnel from Ashford, Kent to Calais: www.eurotunnel.com
You can also take your car from Calais to Brive (1¾ hrs ) on the train: www.raileurope.co.uk/frenchmotorail
Please note, train tickets in France cannot be booked more than 60 days before your travel date. www.sncf.fr